Monday, May 22, 2006

Last Monday

This is my last Monday of school! I am very happy. I feel much better today than I did yesterday, so that is a plus. I was a little worried that I would have to call in a sub for today after Saturday night. We had company Saturday evening, and we stayed up probably a little too late and ate a little too much too late. :-) We went to bed around 1 a.m., and I woke up at three feeling awful. I guess it was heartburn because I couldn't lay down, sit down, or anything. I just walked around the house (which was awful b/c I was so tired), and about thirty minutes later Evan got up and sat in the rocking chair with me on pillows on him. :-) For some reason that and ice helped me feel better (after another thirty minutes), and I was able to go back to bed. Of course, not being able to breathe didn't help me. I thought it was just allergies, but after yesterday I'm pretty sure I have a cold. Yesterday I did not feel well almost all day, but today I feel better other than a completely stopped up head. I sound really cool, too. :-) ha

Soooooo, with all of that said, I have a really wonderful husband. :-) He stayed up with me Saturday night, and yesterday he went grocery shopping for me and washed windows and the dishes. He has also been working on a shelf that we bought for the bathroom that just BARELY does not fit, and he is finished with it other than needing someone to hold it up so he can hang it on the wall (I'm not much help there, especially since my stomach prevents me from getting between the toilet and the sink). He is also going to come to the fifth grade promotion with me tomorrow night and then load some of my stuff to take home from school. Okay, well, I just had to brag on him for a minute. ;-)

We still have to get a crib for the room, and I am kind-of waiting to be out of school to start working on the room and all the baby stuff. I just can't wait to be finished with school! Some people have asked me if I am kind-of sad about my "last days," but so far I have had absolutely no sadness in my heart. ha I'll let you know if the feelings come sometime this week. For some reason, I don't really think they will.

1 comment:

Naomi Joy said...

Awww, you poor thing. I'm glad your husband is so nice. Are we still blaming this on the parent from last week?