Tuesday, April 01, 2008

For Mom....Nathan dancing

I'm posting a video of Nathan dancing. I just thought you might need an update on how his dancing is progressing. :-)
I've been meaning to tell the story I promised on Saturday, but I've been busy while he's awake then lazy while he's asleep. ;-) And I don't really have my "writing groove" on right now. ha Anyways. Here goes.
Saturday morning started out really well. Evan actually got up with us at 7:30, and I made French toast with blueberries. Yummy. I gave Nathan a little orange juice in a "real" cup (no lid), and he did really well. So I gave him his milk in the same cup...mistake. He dumped it all over himself and his highchair and the floor. Nice. I just mopped on Friday. Of course. I took his pajamas off and just slipped a shirt over his head while I cleaned the kitchen. He went back in his room and was playing with his blocks (I could hear them), and all was well. Then he walked into the kitchen holding up his diaper while saying “thank you.” Argh. Yep, the diaper was definitely a dirty one. I captured the diaper and groaned loudly when I saw the “trail,” and Evan grabbed the boy with the dirty bum and proceeded to take care of him. Oh yeah. I was thinking, “What a morning.” Little did I know…
We finally got the floors and the kid cleaned; and I tried, yet again, to finish the dishes. I don’t even think I got to wash two dishes before Nathan walked around the corner with some green fingernail polish he had found in the bottom of a box in our cabinet (no kidding, he was that fast and quiet). He held it up and dumped it out on the floor. Okay, for one thing, the fingernail polish was GREEN; I haven’t worn green fingernail polish since I was sixteen or so!!! WHY was it not dried out???? Argh. This time I got the kid, and Evan cleaned the floors (the tile got the most, but the carpet did have some damage as well…I TOLD Evan not to get light carpet….). Fingernail polish does not come off easily. Just so you know. Our kitchen smelled like fingernail polish remover for the rest of the day. I think I still may have a few spots of green polish on my own fingers.
Needless to say, my success at the garage sales worked wonders on my day.

No comments: