Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Child

Today as we were getting in the car to go to library time, I was trying to encourage Nathan to get in his carseat. :-) He generally finds many other things he would rather do, such as play with buckles and chew on seatbelts, so the whole process of getting in the car to leave takes FOREVER. (I am trying not to put him in myself because I have hurt my back a couple of times while trying to maneuver him into his carseat.) Instead of getting frustrated, I decided to make up a song about getting into the carseat. "Get in the carseat, in the carseat. Turn around and sit down, around and sit down. Now we do the buckles, do the buckles." As you can see, a very brilliant song. Catchy tune, too. I almost had him completely buckled in and decided to start the song again, just for something to do or maybe because I was getting into my wonderful song, when he said to me, "Stop, Mommy. Stop, Mommy, LOUD. Be kiyet, Mommy." (Oh, and I was NOT singing loudly, either...humbug.)
I was crushed. Okay, I was trying to keep myself from falling out of the car laughing, but I was still crushed!! Hmph, that's what I get for trying to be creative. Next time I'll just tell him to get in or I'll get out my spoon....

1 comment:

Angela said...

That was so funny when you told me about it. He is a funny kid, even if he does hurt your feelings! Ha Maybe you weren't singing loud, but he didn't know how to say STOP IT MOMMY! ENOUGH ALREADY! I GET THE HINT! Ha