Friday, May 01, 2009

Bad Blogger


Yes, we're alive and well. :-) I am going to just give some updates since I can't really catch up on everything!
Noelle is growing, kicking, and making her presence known all around. :-) We like that.
Nathan is mostly a really good kid. :-D He picks up on everything you say, loves the word "why," and asks questions about everything.
If Nathan wants chapstick, he says that his lips are "crunchy."
Nathan is working on learning the alphabet song...so stinkin' cute.
Nathan LOVES Curious George books. Has anyone read any of those books lately? They are long. The title may say, "Curious George Flies a Kite," but it really means "Curious George gets curious when he sees a small house, leaves his house, finds bunnies in the small house, plays with a bunny, loses it, finds it again, sees a man with a fishing pole, makes his own fishing pole, goes fishing, flies a kite with Bill, gets the kite out of a tree for Bill, flies away with the kite, gets rescued by the man with the yellow hat in a helicopter, takes the kite back to Bill, and gets his own bunny." But as soon as I finish the book, I have to read it again because someone enjoys it so much. :-)
Nathan is almost completely potty-trained. We have an occasional accident (usually when there is a lot of distraction), but most days he decides when he needs to go. He is also sleeping in underwear at night, too, which is very nice for the budget (pull-ups are expensive!!). For some reason, Evan and I still laugh in the mornings when we hear his door open then the toilet lid go up. :-) He has an occasional accident at night, but we have a mattress pad on his bed so I just use it as a sign that it's time to wash his sheets! ha
Nathan can count to thirteen consistently, although Evan said he counted to fifteen the other day. He can recognize the amount of objects up to three without counting. Anything over three is "five." :-)
Have I mentioned that he loves books? I told Evan that he is going to have to learn to read by the time he's three if his books keep getting longer. ha
Nathan still loves to hear stories. Evan tells him a story every night before he goes to bed, but Nathan also wants to hear stories any time he is quiet and still (like in the car). This morning Nathan got in bed with us around seven, and he started pretending that he was putting me to bed. He gave me his blanket, said my prayers with me, and then told me a story. I asked for another, but he told me "only one." hee hee
When Nathan hears a story about someone being mistreated, he wants to kill the bad person. We are going to have to encourage prayer as an alternative. Anyway, I blame his Bible stories for his violent bent. :-) He said today that he would show Esther how he shot animals and that she would like that. He only shoots mean animals, though; don't worry.
We thought letting him watch Bambi might change his view of hunting (he is really looking forward to going hunting when is bigger...and it's not like we make a huge deal of the one time a year Evan goes!), but there is a mean deer in Bambi. So he says he will just shoot the mean deer.
Okay, I'm out of steam. I am thinking this blog might just have to be shut down once Noelle comes along! How will I find time to keep up with both of them?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, I'm glad that I'm your friend on facebook in case you have to stop blogging. Maybe you will keep posting pictures and videos on there.