Today it rained. A lot. Rain is a good thing. I let Nathan go outside and play for a little while when it wasn't raining much. Of course, the first thing he does is to start digging mud and throwing it at the windows. I told him to stop, and he did. He just gets into everything. On days like today, there is no such thing as straightforward play. Any sign of quietness in the house should be immediately investigated. I finally told him that he couldn't leave my sight.
At one point he got punished for disobeying; then I told him he had to pick up all the blocks he had scattered around his room in ten minutes. He was so excited when he finished, and he came back in the living room and did the EXACT SAME THING. I kept finding myself staring in disbelief at him today.
One minute he is talking so level-headedly with you; the next he is doing something crazy. He is also at the stage where he tries to talk me out of whatever decision I've made or tries to manipulate me into changing my mind (no candy in the morning gets the response "well, I'm not even going to eat it later" to which I always respond, "Fine, then you won't. Period.").
This evening he was brushing his teeth while I put away some of his clean clothes. I discovered a pair of wet pj's and underwear on the floor by his dresser. I asked him if he wet his pants today. Nope, yesterday. BUT, says he, I cleaned it up! Um, with what? Oh, other pajamas. Yeah, other pajamas that he then put RIGHT BACK IN THE DRAWER. So now I have laundry to do. When I asked him why he would put them back in the drawer with the clean clothes, he said that he thought they would just dry up. And he said that he thought I wouldn't find out, but... ha
Evan's having a lot of studying to do. He came home around 5:30 and left at 6:30 to go study. I know he's getting tired. At least he'll take tomorrow night off and maybe get to catch up on some sleep.
Hmmm, good things, good things. OH, Nathan was sitting on the floor this morning, and Noelle walked up to him, wrapped her arms around his neck, and snuggled up in his lap. He wrapped his arms around her and just held her. It was so stinkin' sweet. Then she started poking him in the belly button, and he would make a loud sound. They were having the most fun just laughing together. I do have very precious children. Really, I do. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment