Sunday, March 31, 2013

The house

I guess most of you know we are getting the house ready to sell.  Wow.  You should've seen Evan's 4-page Excel document which detailed every single thing needing to be done.  :-) 
We are slowly getting things done, though!  It is quite a bit of work, though.  We are hoping to put it on the market by the end of April/first of May, but that will depend quite a bit on the weather!  We are painting our kitchen cabinets, and the weather definitely messed us up on those.  ha  It's all good, though.  We really needed the rain.  I think the hardest thing is keeping the kids from wrecking our work.  We've painted walls and trim in the kitchen, living room, hall, and foyer.  We've laid sod in quite a few places in the backyard (dogs have been moved to their kennel; garden was evicted).  I just have to keep dogs and kids from doing normal dog/kid things.  :-)  I think we will have to do a LOT of park time this spring! 
I am really hoping it sells quickly, although we really don't know where we are going.  A friend asked if I was mentally prepared for it to sell quickly; I am not sure.  I don't think I'm mentally prepared for anything.  Selling quickly or not selling quickly.  Moving or staying here.  Right now I'm so busy that I don't have time to think about it.  Tonight I was doing bills and realized the electric bill was high...double, in fact.  Yep, I'd missed last month's bill.    So I'm busy.  (And we all can image how spreadsheet Evan responded to that one...thankfully, I texted him while he was at a movie so he has time to calm down and breathe in a bag or something).  ;-)  I DO have a nice little checklist printed out for myself now, though. 
Nathan and Noelle are hanging in there.  This weekend Evan and I kept really busy, so neither of us have had the patience we've needed to be gracious in our dealings with them.  A lot of the work was outside, though, so they were happy about that part.  Noelle is just a mud child.  At one point Evan and I were working on getting pavers laid down behind the gate, and the dirt was just a mud pit.  Noelle laid down and started slopping mud onto her stomach.  Laundry is going to be fun tomorrow (things HAVE been soaking). 
We had a fun afternoon/evening with some friends today which was a blessing.  The kids had a blast hunting eggs with their friends.  Evan and I enjoyed getting away from the house for a bit! 
Well, that is going to be all for now.  My little rest after entering receipts, paying bills, and making my little bill checklist.  ;-)

No comments: