Tuesday, April 26, 2005

One Day

Right now I am on my plan time. I have two of my sweet kids in class with me, and they are funny. They are very quiet, and they have already filed papers and cleaned up the room. :-)

Last Friday afternoon Billy, our PE teacher, asked me to do his duty after school and he would buy me lunch. I told him that I would do it (it was a nice day, and I stay outside for a little bit anyway) but that I didn't need lunch. This morning he came in my room and asked what I wanted for lunch, and I told him not to worry about it. He said that either I could pick something or he would pick something. Anyway, when he left my boys started whispering and laughing. Finally I asked what they were doing (they kept looking at me and laughing), and one of the boys said that another boy had said, "Didn't Mrs. Byrd tell him that she is married?!" Now wouldn't that have been a good rumor? I explained that he was paying me back for doing his duty, and they understood that. It was just weird. Even weirder when he brought me lunch in the lounge with his ex sitting there. I told him what the boys said that morning just to let her know why he had done it. He is just like that, but it was still weird. :-)

Well, I need to go back to teaching the kiddos how to write checks. :-)

No comments: