Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Ultimatum Day

Lesson learned for the day: never give an ultimatum that you are not more than willing to back up.

Yesterday I had a "straw that broke the camel's back" experience and gave an ultimatum: either tell me who did it or sit in class for recess. You know, I don't really like sitting in my class during my lunch time. I would rather be talking to the people on my team. Anyway, now they are all wanting to confess just to go outside, but I have a pretty good idea who did it, and I won't give up until they confess. :-) Okay, slight power trip going on here. I don't think I'll sit in for the rest of the week, but I won't give candy or treats for the rest of the week. Right now they think I know who did it and won't accept a note from anyone except the person who is at fault. Ha. I guess teaching is a little like poker. It's all about bluffing.

I had my final observation by my university professor this morning. We had the committee meeting, but it seems that some form has gotten lost in the switching of principals. Argh. So now it falls to me to find out if the state department will accept what we have or find out what I need to do. Everything else went well, though. They all said aloud, "We recommend Rachel for certification." :-)

Well, at least I have specials in ten minutes, so I get to have a break from them. :-) They are actually being really quiet because they think that every time they talk they have another day added of no recess. It's funny what ideas they come up with if I just sit here and look at them.

1 comment:

Naomi Joy said...

Waaa...a day without posting? I'm not sure I'm ready for this. :-)