It's a good thing I didn't write in here last night. Today I think I have a little better perspective on life. :-)
Saturday we ran errands and put Kilz on more of the baseboards. I cleaned out the refrigerator, went to Walmart (I'll never go to that one again), and got some groceries to keep in the fridge at the house. Around 10:30 that night, the wind was blowing really hard, and the lights went out while we were painting. A big storm came through, and we were running through the house closing all the windows and basically being scared silly. :-) (We found out later that the winds got up to 90 mph.) We sat in the hall, and I actually fell asleep after the worst part was over. Around 12:30 a.m. the weather seemed to be a little calmer, so we drove home.
Sunday we went to church, then went to the house. When we got there the power was still out, so I took our cold stuff to Megan's house to put in her refrigerator. It is weird because she lives in the same area, but she had power. We were still able to paint, so we got some of that done. However, we went to Home Depot to get some more paint, and we asked how long it would take to get carpet (we had been focusing on carpet rooms so that we could get carpet put in), and they said it would be THREE WEEKS!! Argh. I was not very happy about that. We will have to move in before we can get the carpet.
Phone. . .well, right now we have a phone, but you cannot reach us by calling our number. The phone company switched the lines, and we have this other lady's number. The phone company said that they would have it fixed on Saturday, but they lied. They say that they will have it working today. . .we'll see!
So, right now I am a little frustrated with the house thing. It really isn't too big of a deal, but we had just been working hard to get everything done in the carpet rooms, and now we have to switch our focus to the kitchen, livingroom, and guest room so that we can at least put our stuff in the house before we leave. Anyone tired of hearing about the house yet?? :-)
School is going okay. Today is promotion. The kids are acting like today is the last day of school. I just threatened them and said that if they don't behave we can work all the way until 3:30 on Thursday. ha At least today we are spending most of our time practicing for the promotion.
Monday, June 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Rachel, go easy - its always frustrating... it will be OK!
I tried to email you but it said you were over quota or something....
dad
I want to talk to you!!! Why is this not working??
Post a Comment