I thought I would post before we are out of commission for Thanksgiving. This morning I didn't go walking because our plans slightly changed last night. I got up, took a shower, got ready, fed Booglet, and made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. They are good. I am supposed to be making Asparagus Casserole for tomorrow, but that will have to be made on site. ;-) Nathan has no clue what goodness he is about to come into tomorrow. ;-)
Ready for a venting session? Has anyone tried to buy cinnamon oil lately? You know, the stuff that is necessary to make cinnamon candy? I am having major issues. I was going to make some yesterday, but I didn't have cinnamon oil (I found out why later). Evan and I were out last night and stopped by one store...no cinnamon oil. We stopped by another store...Evan got cinnamon extract. I thought that might work. I googled the subject when we got home. No, it will not work. Cinnamon extract cannot withstand the high temperatures at which candy must be made. So, I called my mom. She said that she got hers at a drug store. I called Walgreens. Oh yeah, sure, we've got that. You're sure? Cinnamon oil? Oh yeah. I got back in the car, drove to Walgreens, and guess who didn't have cinnamon oil. Yep. Will cinnamon pills do? Ummm.....no.
A friend of a friend says that Walmart has cinnamon oil in the cake decorating section. I kind of doubt it, but that would be nice. If not, Alicia, what is the name of the cake decorating store you always went to in Tulsa? Maybe they would have candy-making supplies as well.
So begins my first-ever adventure into candy-making. ;-)
(I was going to post pictures; but, after the third try, I'm done.)
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cake stores do carry candy oils, but I'm not sure about Wal-mart. Hobby Lobby might in their cake section, though. Or Garden Ridge, in their cake section. Sadly, Tulsa's cake store is no longer. If HL doesn't have it, will you be in OKC any time soon? Or will your parents be coming up? (Other than tomorrow, since it's obviously too late for that. . . .) The cake store in OKC will ship items, so you could order it from them. I think you just have to pay postage, which wouldn't be much for the little vial of oil.
I found some here. . .$1.95 for little vials. Want me to mail it? :-)
Post a Comment