Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Doing a good job so far...





...of not thinking about what day this is.


This morning I went in search of clothes for my son. MeeMaw told me how much they want to spend on Nathan, and I got to go pick out whatever I wanted. Very nice. I decided to check out a consignment shop I had heard about. I called yesterday, found out when they opened, and showed up today about fifteen minutes after that time. I got the stroller out of the car, got Nathan out of the car, put him in the stroller, and realized that there was a "closed" sign in the shop window. So I undid everything I had just done. I got settled in the car when a lady walked up and opened the store. I asked if the store was open now, and she said, "Yes, I went to the bank." So I got back out and went in the store only to find clothes that were high-priced ($24 for one outfit!!). I was not happy. I then went to a thrift store by our house and found quite a few nice things for Nathan. I bought him 5 long-sleeved shirts, 1 short-sleeved shirt, 2 pairs of nice pants, and 6 bibs. I spent $25. Everything was in very good condition, and half of the clothes and all the bibs were practically brand-new. I felt much better. I have plenty of "play" clothes for Nathan that have been given to us, but I didn't have many nice things. And he is growing out of some of his 18-month clothes. Long body, big head. ha
My friend and her little girl came over this afternoon for a little while; then I put Nathan down for a nap. We finally got our chest freezer back from our neighbor's garage last night, so I just finished getting everything out of that freezer that needed to be put back in the refrigerator freezer. I am not very good with organizing my freezer.
Oh, the pictures. The first one is our deck after the ice storm. The two middle ones are of Nathan and Elisha when I kept Elisha yesterday morning. The last one is my talented son. ;-)

No comments: