Friday, May 30, 2008

What I have been doing lately...

Warning: This post is not about Nathan. :-) I'll try to post something about him a little later so as to appease Mom. hee hee
I have been trying my hand at coupon/rebate shopping, and I am having a blast. I love it. Faddish, I know, but I am actually saving us money! I have bought some unnecessary items but only when they are free after rebate and allow me to get needed items for free.




Walgreens

I think I spent 40 cents on this....
Evan actually loves the Smart Start cereal and has always been a late-night cereal lover. I used some of the cereal to make no-bake peanut butter cookies.









Target



36 cents total








Walmart

$6 dollars total, but I just had to pick up the cauliflower because it was a dollar cheaper than normal. I pretty much spent six dollars on the cauliflower and guacamole (normally $4/box). Nathan loves guacamole, and it is a healthy snack. Everything else was free.




Walgreens

-$5 (I will make five bucks on this stuff once I get my rebate, and the rebates are online so I'm not even out the price of a stamp!)
The bag of suckers and box of Twix were filler (clearance, $0.25 each) because I had more coupons than items. I don't know if that hurts, but I've heard some stores don't allow that.

Breakdown of that last transaction:
1 (48-count) bag minipops $0.25
1 box Twix $0.25
1 (4 ct) pkg Duracell 9 Volt batteries $8.99 (for our smoke alarms)
1 bottle Maalox $5.49
1 bottle Calcium Creamies $5.99
1 bottle/box Multi-Betic Multivitamins $9.99

Subtotal: $30.71

- $10 of $30 Walgreens purchase coupon
- $2 off Multi-Betic
- $0.75 off Duracell batteries
- $2 off Maalox (May EasySaver catalog-from Walgreens)
- $2 off Maalox (June EasySaver catalog - from Walgreens)
-$1.50 off Maalox (manufacturer coupon)

Total coupons: $18.25

Total out-of-pocket + tax: $14.25

Rebates I will earn:
$5.99 for calcium creamies
$9.99 for MultiBetic vitamins
$3.00 for Duracell batteries

Total Rebates: $18.98

I earned: $4.73 + 10% since I will put it on a Walgreens giftcard.

YeeHaw!!

No comments: