I've got to try some different pacifiers. My girl is loving her thumb a little too much these days. Tonight I put her down in her crib, and she didn't even fuss. Her thumb went right in her mouth. I don't know. I guess I would just like to have a bit more control over the whole situation. Pacifiers can be taken away. Thumbs cannot. I should feel a little better since Nathan's weaning-from-the-thumb process went off better than we ever dreamed, but Noelle is just starting so early! Ah well.
I should be worrying about more important things...like my son's horrendous attitude today. I spanked him at the beginning of the day, but once that turned into a "just watch me not cry" event I decided that the spanking was being counterproductive. (He just recently began to think that coming away from a spanking without crying was a major feat worth achieving.) So I tried distracting him from his bad attitude, and that mostly worked. Every now and then he would declare something negative (I don't want to go to Nonni and Poppi's on Friday; I don't ever want to eat.), but I would just ignore him and change the subject. The tides turned after his nap, and he was back to being my chatty little boy who wants to tell me his every thought about everything in an involved and excited way. Of course, I'd much rather have that boy around. Now I'm exhausted. ha Have I mentioned that parenting is rather confusing sometimes? Days like today make me grateful for God's grace.
Noelle has been a bit fussy today. She will be happy for a while but then seem to want to go right back to sleep not too long after she's done nursing. I guess we'll see in a bit whether she got too much sleep today. I fed her at 7 p.m. then again at 8:45 right before I put her down for the night. Let the games begin!
Wednesday, December 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Let the games begin! ha ha. Isn't that just how it feels when you get them finally down for the night. I said something to Paul yesterday about something or other would make life unpredictable and then I said "what am I saying? As if my life is at all remotely preditable now!" Who will nap at all? What time will they nap? How long will they sleep for? Will I get 8 hours of sleep or 3? Heh heh.
Betsy's been taking to her thumbs and fingers too - is it the age? Pacifiers aren't that easy to break either, you know. . .we're still working on that with Jonah! My thought is that the thumb doesn't have to be located and re-inserted by a parent at 2 a.m., 4 a.m., and 6 a.m., but a pacifier does, so if we're weighing work later to wean vs. me sleeping better now, I'm going for the sleep. ha ha. Ask me in a year whether I regret that or not!
Yeah, that is definitely a plus for the thumb. She can insert it herself and doesn't get it lodged under her at any point during the night. :-)
Nathan's thumb-weaning went really well, but I guess I'm just worried because she's started so early! Oh well, not much I can do, so I should just stop worrying. ha
Post a Comment