Monday, December 21, 2009

A Little Break

Nathan and Evan have gone to run a few errands, Noelle was just put in bed, and I am taking a little break. :-)
I am finally finished wrapping Christmas presents. For some reason, I have never enjoying the wrapping part of Christmas. We did our Christmas with Nathan Sunday morning since we didn't want to give him his gifts then turn around and leave. ha He loves the little guitar we got him and wears it most of the day. Today he sang "Jingle Bells" to Mrs. J (our 87-year-old neighbor) and played his guitar.
Noelle slept until 8:30 this morning, and I was extremely thankful. I had put a call in to the kids' nurse about a rash that Nathan has had for several weeks, and she called me back at 8:30 to say that I should probably bring him in just to be safe. I was able to get him in at 9:50, which worked out really well for Noelle. I love having an actual pediatrician!!! ha The doctor said that Nathan just has a really mild form of eczema (it's not even red, just bumpy), so now Evan can chill.
While I was there, I had them weigh Noelle, and she was 12 pounds, 12 ounces with her clothes and diaper on. The doctor said she could sleep 11-12 hours, so now I've just got to figure out what works for her. I've been waking her up at 10 p.m. to feed her every night, and she sleeps until 7:30 or 8:00 most days. So, we'll see how this goes. I think she is going to dethrone Nathan as my good sleeper. :-)
Speaking of Nathan and sleep, he has not napped the last two days. Yesterday was by design; today's no napping just seemed to happen. I still made him have a "quiet time," but I'm not sure if I can do without a naptime just yet. He seems to do just fine without a nap, but he does fine with a nap, too. ha As with Noelle, I guess we'll just see how it goes. Of course, Christmas is fast upon us, so there is no telling what the next week will bring. ;-)

No comments: