


Evan is in the shower, Nathan is watching a movie, Noelle is napping, and supper is on the stove. So I’m taking a few minutes to blog…which only means that I will probably hear Noelle in less than two minutes. Ha!
Our week in Texas was fairly normal, for having an almost-four-month-old baby, anyway. We were back and forth between MeeMaw and PeePaw’s and Evan’s parents’ house every day. We didn’t wear deodorant (Evan did cheat one day), hairspray, lotion, perfume, or any other smelly stuff, and we used his mom’s shampoo/body wash all week. I must say, I was thankful to be able to use conditioner again. Ha Honestly, I shouldn’t complain. I’m a pretty simple person, anyway; I think it would be much harder if I were used to wearing hairspray, lotion, and perfume every day.
Noelle was a bit overwhelmed the first few days we were there and wanted her mommy only. She calmed down once the number of people decreased and actually let MeeMaw and PeePaw hold her. Evan’s parents also got to hold her quite a bit. She has gotten very vocal lately, and she would talk to most people as long as I was holding her and they didn’t get too close.
Nathan had a blast. He makes me wish we lived in the country. He loves being out there. Evan even got a break from wrestling because two of my cousins (they are 8 and 10) wrestled with Nathan. We were sad that we only got to see them one day. Nathan did really well, although he doesn’t listen very well when there is a lot going on. Can’t I chalk that up to distraction?! Ha I also got a glimpse of what Nathan would be like if I never told him no or set boundaries. It was not pretty. I won’t say anything more on that subject, except that I was kind-of glad that we live 6 hours from home.
Neither kid slept well while we were in Texas. We were awake between 5:45 and 6:30 every morning. Noelle had been sleeping through the night really well, and I had been waking her up every night around ten to give her one last feeding, but her nights are a little off now. I still can’t complain, though. We all shared a room at MeeMaw and PeePaw’s, and Nathan talks/cries/snores in his sleep. He seemed to get worse the more tired he was.
I enjoyed seeing my family. MeeMaw and PeePaw are doing well. MeeMaw has been having a few problems with her leg, but trying to get her to stay off her feet is like trying to “grasp the wind.” Ha That doesn’t stop her family from trying, though. They honestly amaze me with how hard they work. They have between two and three acres of garden, and in the summer they go nonstop.
Our dogs had a white Christmas; and we were happy that the remnants were still on the ground when we got home. Nathan was extremely excited; the farther north we got and the more snow he saw on the ground, the more excited he became. He’s gotten to play in it quite a bit. Today he was out there a total of an hour and a half while Evan was replacing the fuel pump on his truck.
Now we are home, and I think we are all happy to be here. Ha Of course, the four days of “rest” that we were expecting have turned out to be anything but. Between having a plumbing problems and Evan having to replace the fuel pump on his truck, we’ve had some interesting days. But, we are happy to be home.
Our week in Texas was fairly normal, for having an almost-four-month-old baby, anyway. We were back and forth between MeeMaw and PeePaw’s and Evan’s parents’ house every day. We didn’t wear deodorant (Evan did cheat one day), hairspray, lotion, perfume, or any other smelly stuff, and we used his mom’s shampoo/body wash all week. I must say, I was thankful to be able to use conditioner again. Ha Honestly, I shouldn’t complain. I’m a pretty simple person, anyway; I think it would be much harder if I were used to wearing hairspray, lotion, and perfume every day.
Noelle was a bit overwhelmed the first few days we were there and wanted her mommy only. She calmed down once the number of people decreased and actually let MeeMaw and PeePaw hold her. Evan’s parents also got to hold her quite a bit. She has gotten very vocal lately, and she would talk to most people as long as I was holding her and they didn’t get too close.
Nathan had a blast. He makes me wish we lived in the country. He loves being out there. Evan even got a break from wrestling because two of my cousins (they are 8 and 10) wrestled with Nathan. We were sad that we only got to see them one day. Nathan did really well, although he doesn’t listen very well when there is a lot going on. Can’t I chalk that up to distraction?! Ha I also got a glimpse of what Nathan would be like if I never told him no or set boundaries. It was not pretty. I won’t say anything more on that subject, except that I was kind-of glad that we live 6 hours from home.
Neither kid slept well while we were in Texas. We were awake between 5:45 and 6:30 every morning. Noelle had been sleeping through the night really well, and I had been waking her up every night around ten to give her one last feeding, but her nights are a little off now. I still can’t complain, though. We all shared a room at MeeMaw and PeePaw’s, and Nathan talks/cries/snores in his sleep. He seemed to get worse the more tired he was.
I enjoyed seeing my family. MeeMaw and PeePaw are doing well. MeeMaw has been having a few problems with her leg, but trying to get her to stay off her feet is like trying to “grasp the wind.” Ha That doesn’t stop her family from trying, though. They honestly amaze me with how hard they work. They have between two and three acres of garden, and in the summer they go nonstop.
Our dogs had a white Christmas; and we were happy that the remnants were still on the ground when we got home. Nathan was extremely excited; the farther north we got and the more snow he saw on the ground, the more excited he became. He’s gotten to play in it quite a bit. Today he was out there a total of an hour and a half while Evan was replacing the fuel pump on his truck.
Now we are home, and I think we are all happy to be here. Ha Of course, the four days of “rest” that we were expecting have turned out to be anything but. Between having a plumbing problems and Evan having to replace the fuel pump on his truck, we’ve had some interesting days. But, we are happy to be home.
No comments:
Post a Comment