Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Just Quichey

ha ha ha
I'm really interested to find out how my spinach/mushroom quiche is going to turn out. I don't know exactly why I doubled and froze a recipe that I had never tried, but it surely can't be that bad, huh? :-) I froze the recipe in my silicon cupcake pan, so we have cute little mini-quiches to pull out and eat for breakfast. Of course, I did the crustless quiche; I did not want to mess with that many little pie crusts. :-) AND I used up quite a bit of our farm spinach, so that was a plus.
Today was a pretty good day. I went to the farm for spinach and to a place right up the road from the farm for some more eggs. For some reason, getting out of the house with my kids is just stressful to me, and I didn't even have to get them out of the car!! ha I just get really snappy whenever Nathan finds a thousand things to do between the time I tell him to put his shoes on and the time the shoes are actually put on. ha Of course, he is always looking for a pair of shoes that isn't to be found or the ones that are the hardest to tie (thanks, Evan), so that is some of the issue. He also doesn't keep socks on his feet at home, so I'm constantly finding socks in random places all over the house.
It didn't help that I cored, peeled, and cut up fourteen apples before we left. I made mini-apple pies and a recipe of apple pie filling for the freezer. I also got our supper made, one for tonight and one for the freezer. It was shepherd's pie, and that is a family favorite. It's just a bit labor intensive.
Nathan helped me some today, and he was in the middle of everything the whole time, but there just weren't as many jobs that were Nathan-size today. He sliced mushrooms (in an egg-slicer I have), peeled carrots (everywhere), broke 10 eggs into a bowl, and poured the quiche mix into the cupcake pan (sooooo messy).
AND, Noelle only took one nap today. I don't think she's ready for that, which is good because I'm not ready for that, either.
On the bright side, we still did school today, and I read quite a bit to both of them. I let the dogs in for a little bit, and the kids' happiness was well worth the dog smell that permeated my kitchen. ;-) Noelle absolutely loves the dogs and tries to climb all over them and poke them in the eyes. I think she also likes to touch their teeth. She walks over and leans over sideways to look into their mouths. ha And she squeals and laughs when they lick her.
That's about it for today. Oh, and I made oatmeal-raisin cookies tonight. I baked a few then made cookie dough balls to put in the freezer. :-) Of course, all the laundry is still sitting on my bed. I'm thankful I didn't have to wash it by hand, though!!

No comments: