I should be taking a shower and heading to bed. I'm going to blog a bit first, though. :-)
My day ~
I got out of bed at 6:40 because Noelle was coming out of her room after the first night in her toddler bed.
I started laundry and tried to read some before the day got too carried away.
Nathan woke up just a bit after Noelle did. Both kids came out of their rooms carrying their teddy bears. ;-)
I got dressed, made my bed, and read a little to the kiddos.
I heated up leftover pancakes and French toast and scrambled some eggs for protein. Then I had to clean out my fridge because today was milk day (my friend's turn), and I needed room for three gallons of milk. Which meant I needed to use up the rest of the milk in my fridge (I made up some yogurt) and some already cooked sausage (I mixed up and froze a bag of breakfast casserole with sausage, frozen hash brown potatoes I made a while ago, cheese, eggs, and ??). So I did all that.
Then I colored and read with the kids some. Evan found a site that has all kinds of paper airplane instructions. He prints off the instructions then leaves them for someone to do with Nathan.
I was a peacemaker, translator, and disciplinarian. You know, it's a lot of mental work to constantly be thinking of the right way to deal with every behavior issue that arises in a day. At one point both of my children were saying in sing-songy voices "No Mommy! No Mommy!" Just for the fun of it. I put an end to that.
I made Nathan start following me around as I put clean laundry in my room because he was not being nice to his sister. I started quizzing him on math things (how many tens are in twenty? thirty? forty?). He loves math, so that actually helps him get over his stinky attitude.
Then we started math. It was going really well until it got interrupted (milk arrived); when we got back in the house I was trying to get him to finish up the page while Noelle was crawling around chasing a train under the table, and I was trying to figure out what I was going to feed Evan when he came home for lunch (kid standards and Daddy standards are just so different).
The Daddy came home for lunch. He read to the kids. I sat in my rocking chair for a few minutes and got the dishes done before he left.
Ugh. I can't continue this way...it's getting late. Hmmm, Nathan and I finished phonics after lunch, Noelle napped, and I tried to nap. I finished laundry, started diapers (different category), and read a little.
After Noelle woke up from her nap, we all went to the bank to pay the mortgage and had quite a discussion about banks, mortgages, and such. Then we went to Sonic and got the free tater tots from our library reading program (and shakes, of course). Happy momma, happy kiddos.
Home again. Got supper started, kept children from fighting (mostly, Noelle was whacking on Nathan then he whacked her...she stopped whacking him), and made cookies for our dear friend who picked up our co-op order in 109-degree weather so I didn't have to figure out what to do with my kiddos in that heat.
I also got my supper dishes done before Evan left to study. Definitely a score. And now I've swept, mopped, ironed two of Evan's shirts, made up Amish Baked Oatmeal for in the morning, and I guess I should get a shower and go to bed now.
The End.
Monday, August 01, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment