Noelle didn't have fever when she woke up, but she kept crying every time she took a bite of breakfast this morning, so I called and got them both an appointment at 11:15. Nathan was chipper this morning, but that was only because he was medicated. :-) As soon as that wore off, he began moaning and drooping. I gave him more medicine before we left for the doctor's office so we could have a decent doctor visit. Both kids got to gag, I mean, got a strep test. It was negative, of course. The nurse-practitioner said that everyone's sickness settles in different locations; my children always seem to have their sickness settle in their tonsils (yet they never have strep). Poor kids. I just need in-home strep tests. ha ha The main reason we generally take them to the doctor is just to check and make sure they don't have strep, since their throats always hurt when they get sick.
I think on Monday and Tuesday I probably had a touch of whatever they had. Today was the first day I have felt almost completely normal, although my back/shoulder/whatever has been hurting some.
Well, that was our day. The kids and I went out to eat after the doctor's appointment because it was so late and I couldn't think of a quick lunch for Noelle that wouldn't make her throat hurt. I think that was the first time I've ever eaten out by myself with them. :-) We had a pretty good day, and I played with them quite a bit. Of course, a Nathan without energy makes for a pretty calm day.
Friday, September 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment