2) The next day we went to the lake to just chill, and my parents met us there. Fishing and grilling. And Nathan slipped into a (deep) part of the lake off a rock he had walked out on. Nathan actually yelled after he fell in, so my dad saw him and got to him about the time he was starting to go under. My dad got down on his knees and grabbed at Nathan, only to fall in head-first himself. He DID push Nathan up onto the rock without too much trouble, although they were both scraped up quite a bit.
3) When I was downtown the other day, a random lady yelled obscenities at me while I was standing in front of the sherrif's office minding my own business. Later that week I walked into an Office Depot to see if they had any thermal laminators. I thought the lady at the front wasn't very friendly and as I walked past her then turned around to ask where the laminators were, I saw that she had her little lapel-mic/whatever/thingy and was in the middle of saying, "Lady in the purple jacket..." Yeah, that would be me. ???? Now I know I didn't look the nicest in the world (I'd been outside with the kids), but do I really look suspicious??
4) Our lovely, sweet neighbors moved to Texas and had to finally rent out their house because it wouldn't sell. I hadn't met our new neighbor until last week. I was standing in my driveway with my kids, and my dogs were going insane because another neighbor walked up into my driveway with her dog. So, my new neighbor marches out the door and asks, not very nicely, if I knew that there are nuisance barking laws in our city and that my dogs were awful and kept her son (?? we have yet to see any boy/child/man there) awake at night and on and on. I assured her that I would start making sure the bark collar was on Monty at night (we hadn't heard him lately, although both dogs bark at another neighbor's dog when that neighbor lets him out in the middle of the night to poop in our yard). She was quite hateful. I felt bad in one sense because we are always trying to make sure our dogs never bother our neighbors; then in another sense I was pretty upset at how hateful she was. ha Anyway, we prayed about it (I really just wanted to move), got a bark collar for Gimli, and got her a potted flower/plant that I left on her doorstep with a card apologizing for our dogs and saying to let us know if they bothered her anymore.
The next day I pulled up in my driveway, and she was out front bagging leaves in her yard right in front of the dogs. I was so thankful that I had left the bark collars on for the day. :-) I told the kids they couldn't play out front, but they still managed to go around the side of the house to say hello to her. I went to get my friendly little Noelle and finally got up the courage to speak to the lady (who doesn't look exactly friendly). I just said that I hadn't gotten a chance to introduce myself, and she actually introduced herself and thanked me for the flower. She doesn't seem overly friendly, but I was so happy that I at least talked to her because now I'm not quite so paranoid of having her next door. I mean, we have loud dogs AND loud children...nothing that anti-social people hate more. ;-) And my kids are accustomed to being loved by all our neighbors. ha They don't get the fact that some people might think they are annoying.
5) So, between all those incidents and the one incident earlier this year, I think I've had enough confrontation in my life.
6) And now I feel sort-of caught up. Vacation is coming up soon, and hopefully I won't have any crazy stories to tell when I get back. Please, please, please.
No comments:
Post a Comment